Currently, Google does not host domain names, but you can use its domain registration service called Google Domains to register a custom domain name. The service is designed for ease of use. It comes with many useful tools including a personalized email with Gsuite, free access to other Google apps, free private registration, simple domain management tools, email forwarding and easy integration with top website builders like Shopify, Squarespace, Blogger, Weebly, and Wix.
Currently, Google Domains is in a US-only beta phase, but they will soon announce its availability to a wider market.
Buying a domain from Google
You will need a Google Account. If you use other Google products like Google Drive, Gmail or YouTube, you already have one.
Visit Google Domains homepage.
- Type in your preferred domain name in the Search for a domain name box and click on the search icon to check its availability.
If your preferred domain name is not available, two types of suggestions will appear:
- Your preferred domain name with a different extension from the one you entered.
- A list of available domain names containing part of your preferred domain name.
- If the domain name is available or if you like one of the suggested domain names, click on ‘‘Add to Cart’’ next to the name to proceed.
- You can choose to add more versions of this domain name to your cart.
- After you are satisfied with your shopping cart contents, click on proceed to checkout button to begin your purchase.
- On the next page, fill the existing form with your contact information including your name and address. Choose your preferred private setting at the bottom of the form.
- The public setting allows anyone to see your personal information when they run a Whois query of your domain name.
- The private setting keeps your personal information private. If anyone runs a Whois query, they are only able to see a third-party company’s details and not yours. Unlike other providers, Google does not charge for private registration.
- Click Continue >to proceed to the payment page.
- Add a payment method on the payment page then click Accept and Continue.
- Review the purchase and if all is good, click Buy.
After the purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from Google Domains containing your domain details and an additional email from Google Wallet with your purchase receipt from Google Inc.
— HubShout (@hubshout) 4 de mayo de 2017